HOW TO ENTER
1. Visit Reader’s Digest Canada web site located at www.readersdigest.ca and type your name, address, telephone number, Email address and your answer to the mathematical skill-testing question: Multiply 6 x 17, add 519, subtract 141, divide by 8, add 177 on the entry form located on this web site. The contest commences on March 10, 2006 and closes on April 30, 2006.
2. Only one (1) entry per person, per address and/or per e-mail address will be accepted. Each entrant may receive additional chances to win by referring others to this contest in the “Tell-a-Friend” Campaign. When an entrant submits their entry, they are then entitled to receive one (1) bonus entry for each friend’s name and e-mail address that is referred. Each referral must be a unique name and e-mail address and not a duplication. Entrants will be limited to receiving five (5) bonus entries (and to referring five (5) unique friends’ names and e-mail addresses) when they enter. Entrants shall obtain consent from friends before referring them. Friends need not enter the contest for entrants to receive bonus entries. All entries must be e-mailed no later than 11:59 P.M. EST, April 30, 2006, THE CONTEST CLOSING DATE. Web site tracking determines date and time of entry. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER.
3. One (1) Grand Prize, courtesy of Tourism Ireland and Air Canada/bmi, will be awarded, in a random computer generated selection to be held by Tilwood Direct Marketing Inc., an independent judging organization, on Friday, May 5, 2006 from all entries received. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected to qualify to win the “Trip to Ireland Contest” Prize Package. The Prize Package consists of an eight (8) day, seven (7) night’s trip to Ireland for two (2). The trip includes: Return economy class airfare for two (2), from a major Canadian airport nearest the winner’s home (to be determined by The Sponsor’s Designated Agent) to either Belfast or Dublin, Ireland (choice of destination to be determined by the Sponsor’s Designated Agent); seven (7) nights Town & Country Home Bed & Breakfast accommodation for two (2) (to be determined by the Sponsor’s Designated Agent and based on double occupancy); seven (7) full Irish daily breakfasts for two (2); and use of a car rental (with a manual transmission) with unlimited mileage for 7 days. For the rental of the vehicle, the winner must be over 24 years of age, and not older than 70 years of age, and have a valid driver’s license and credit card. If the Grand Prize winner is less than 24 years of age, or older than 70 years of age at the time he or she intends to travel, then the winner shall forfeit, without compensation, that part of the prize which relates to the car rental, unless the winner’s travelling companion is 24 years of age and not older than 70 years of age, and has a valid driver’s license and credit card. The trip does not include other meals, beverages with their meals, hotel taxes and service charges, gasoline, car rental taxes, Physical Damage Waiver (collision coverage), travel insurance, gratuities, other expenses of a personal nature, travel to and from the airport and their residence and airport departure taxes, improvement fees, surcharges or security charges. Approximate retail value of the Prize Package is $7,000 ( Can.), based on an example of a Vancouver, B.C. departure, and an arrival destination of Dublin or Belfast, Ireland.
4. The winner and traveling companion must travel on the same itinerary, and are responsible for ensuring that all their travel papers (passports, visa, etc.) are in good order and are valid prior to, and for the entire duration of the trip. The Prize Package is subject to availability, peak season restrictions and some blackout periods will apply. Arrangements must be made 60days prior to departure with the Sponsor’s Designated Agents. Travel must be completed by March 31, 2007.
5. This draw is open to all Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside, except for employees of Tourism Ireland Limited, Air Canada and bmi, (the Sponsors) and Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) Limited, their respective promotional agencies, or any distributor or company involved in any phase of Contest administration and persons with whom they are domiciled.
6. Tourism Ireland Limited, Air Canada and bmi, and Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) Limited their directors, officers, employees and their agents or representatives or any company or person involved in the supply of the Prize or any phase of Contest administration and persons with whom they are domiciled, assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury (including legal fees) resulting from acceptance, or use of the prize.
7. The prize is non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded with no cash substitutions. Tourism Ireland Limited reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value. The Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. The decisions of Tilwood Direct Marketing Inc. are final on all matters regarding the contest. The odds of winning in the draw depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The skill-testing question must be answered correctly in order to win the Prize. The qualifying winner will be notified by mail, telephone or email within 14 days of the final draw date. The winner and travelling companion must sign a standard declaration and release form before taking the Prize. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrant. The confirmed winner will receive will receive a letter within 30 days from the date of the draw confirming Prize details.
8. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical malfunctions, lost, delayed, corrupted data transmission, line failures of any network, or inability to access the site.
9. By entering the contest, the winner authorizes that his or her name and or photograph can be used for promotional purposes by the Sponsors and their respective promotional agencies without compensation. All entries become the property of Tourism Ireland Limited The confirmed winner’s name will be available two months after the final draw date and may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: WINNER’S LIST, “TRIP TO IRELAND CONTEST” Granton Drive Unit 1, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 2N5.
10. This prize draw complies with all Canadian laws. In Québec, the required duties have been paid. Quebec residents may submit any litigation respecting the conduct or organizing of a publicity contest to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. This Prize Draw is owned and operated by Tourism Ireland Limited, and is administered by Tilwood Direct Marketing Inc